As you consider the thoughts of Steven Hawkins develop your own responses to the same questions he had.
Be prepared to debate some of these issues with others and try to construct an explanation that would make some sense to a 7-year-old child.
- Explore the idea that there may be no present.
- Where in the mind do we remember the past?
- How can we remember the future if it has not happened yet? Alternatively, is the future happening now?
- What if there was a "time" when there was no time?
- If the speed of light on another place in the universe is 5 mph how would "we" travel in that place? Could we travel faster than the speed of light and what consequences would that have?
- How can nothing have infinite density? Example: golf ball with the same weight of the sun.
- Did God create by chance?
- If the universe has no beginning then it must be eternal.
- If God created the universe then it is finite since it has a beginning.
- There is only now there is no past or future.
- Past and future are held together and meet by disorder.
- Was time created; if so what would life be like without time?
- Why can you not see a black hole?