As you think about time, there may be several questions to consider.
Stephen Hawkins struggled with several issues connecting time and the creation of the universe.
Some of the thoughts that Hawkins had were:
Hawkins thought, "all theories of time and creation broke down at the origin".
- Where does past and future meet?
- Is there a present?
- Where in our minds do we remember the past and the future?
- Is the universe eternal (no beginning and no end) and unchanging?
- If God made the universe, it could have been made at any time with age.
- If there was a big bang then the universe had a beginning and therefore has a known age.
- The death of stars could lead to a theory that the universe may not be expanding but shrinking, or as Hawking called it "reversal of time".
- If the universe is shrinking then its ultimate state is "0" size and infinite density.